Check Engine Light Service
When your check engine light comes on, bring your vehicle into AAMCO to get it checked out and to be able to get the repairs that your vehicle needs to get back out on the road.
Thousands of people that drive in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico trust their check engine light service to AAMCO. To help you understand why you your check engine light has turned on, we have put together a small guide that will help you get a grasp on the things that can cause this warning light to come on.
AAMCO Protect Check
To ensure that your car systems are up to date with the recommended factory maintenance guidelines, we perform a thorough review of all of your major car systems with our AAMCO ProtectCheck. The AAMCO ProtectCheck includes a diagnostic review of: Vehicle Performance ProtectCheck, Full Vehicle Performance ProtectCheck®, Under Hood ProtectCheck, and Under Car ProtectCheck reports.
Brake servicing signs to look for:
- The brake pedal can be pushed all the way to the floor with ease
- When the brakes are applied, a squealing or grinding noise can be heard
- When braking, the car pulls to one side
- The brake pedal pulses or feels spongy when it is pressed
- When braking, the rear wheels lock up
- The warning light for your brakes remains on in your vehicle
By having the brake problems on your car or truck repaired, it can prevent other serious safety problems from happening, but waiting to have your brakes serviced can make the current problems your car or truck is experiencing even worse. Because no other system in your car is as important as the brake system, it is important that you have your brakes checked at your closest AAMCO center to ensure smooth operation.
SHOCKS AND STRUTS
You can keep that new car feel through regular suspension inspections.
Common symptoms of suspension problems:
- The car has a very rough ride feeling as you drive
- When going over small bumps or divots, the car bottoms out
- Signs of uneven tire wear are evident
If you have experienced any of these suspension symptoms, talk to your local AAMCo Customer Service Manager about what steps need to be taken in order to replace your shocks or struts.
Did you know that the cooling system in a car or truck is the leading cause of mechanical breakdown and failure on the highway? AAMCO’s Cooling System Service can help prevent cooling system failure from happening which can also prevent bigger problems from happening.
- The formation of acid, rust, corrosion, and scale build-up all contribute to the likelihood of a cooling system breakdown
- Your transmission and engine could suffer extreme damage if your cooling system fails, which can lead to some very costly repairs
AAMCO Exhaust Services has got you covered whether your vehicle is blowing smoke, making noise, or anything in between. In order for your car to be able to start, the emission and exhaust systems must be functional. This means that the system starts at the engine of your vehicle, and runs through the exhaust pipes, which are connected to the engine cylinders and oxygen sensors. The system is then connected to the catalytic converter, and then to the muffler and tailpipe. This entire system must be functioning properly in order for your vehicle to start.
Exhaust System Information:
- The exhaust pipes in a vehicle collect exhaust gases
- Vehicle oxygen sensors analyze the collected gases and send the data to the vehicle computer
- The gases are refined into less harmful gases through the use of the catalytic converter
- The gas is then directed through the muffler which directs the gas through a series of baffles that reduce noise and help the vehicle engine run more smoothly
The following components are included with AAMCO Emission & Exhaust Services:
- Catalytic converter
- Oxygen sensor
- EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Valves and Sensors
- Exhaust pipes
- Exhaust manifold
- Tail pipes
- Brackets, clamps and hardware
OIL, LUBE & FILTER CHANGES
While changing the engine oil and filter or a regular basis may sound simple, many technicians agree that it is the single most important maintenance service that should be done regularly on any vehicle to ensure vehicle good health. It is easy to see the factory recommendation on oil changes by referring to your car’s owners manual. If you drive in the city with stop and go conditions, or go on frequent short trips, you should change your oil more often to reduce engine sludge buildup.
The AAMCO Full Service Oil, Lube and Filter Change includes the following:
- Up to 5 quarts of clean engine oil
- A new oil filter
- Grease fitting lubrication as applicable
- AMMCO’s 36-point ProtectCheck Inspections, which ensures that all major systems in your vehicle are functioning properly and are in good working order.
It might be time for a tune up if your vehicle displays the following symptoms:
- Bad fuel mileage
- Hard vehicle starts
- Loss of engine power, or engine hesitation
- Rough idling
- Vehicle stalling
The manufacturer of your vehicle recommends that tune ups be performed periodically, with different tune up intervals depending on the make or model of vehicle. Your local AAMCO Customer Service Manager has the recommended maintenance schedule for your vehicle, provided by the manufacturer, so that they can explain what tune up services need to be performed.
AUTO AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM (A/C)
If your A/C is not quite working the way you want it to, bring your vehicle into our AAMCO center for a Free A/C evaluation check! Our free check includes a visual inspection of hoses, lines, seals, and other components to make sure there are no leaks. We also make sure to check your compressor to ensure that it is working properly. Whether you need a simple refrigerant recharge or A/C repair, AAMCO has got you covered to get your A/C back up and running in no time.
In order to have your car running properly, the electrical system must be in proper working order. Here at AAMCO, we do a full electrical system inspection and diagnosis to be able to find electrical problems with ease. Our AAMCO technicians will be able to repair any electrical system problem in no time so that you can get back on the road in a timely manner.
STARTING AND CHARGING
If you are out in the cold, or on the road in bad weather, a well-maintained battery can give you peace of mind. If your batter starts to run down quickly or starts slowly, an AAMCO expert will be able to diagnose the starting the charging systems in your vehicle. Not only will our techs be able to find out what the problem is on your charging system, but they will also give your vehicle our free 36-point ProtectCheck®.
If your engine is not running as smoothly as before or is stuttering, chances are you need to have your engine looked over. At AAMCO, our experienced technicians will be able to diagnose and fix all of your engine problems to get your engine performing at its absolute best.
FACTORY RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE
Here at AAMCO, we offer the same services your dealer provides, and much more!
- Air filtration replacement service
- Automatic transmission fluid service
- Battery maintenance service
- Brake system fluid service
- Cabin air filter service
- Cooling system service
- Fuel filter replacement
- Fuel system cleaning
- Full service oil, lube & filter change
- Light bulb replacement
- Serpentine belt replacement
- Tire rotation
- Wiper blade replacement